WASHINGTON, DC: Health IT Now, a broad-based coalition of patient groups, provider organizations, employers, and payers supporting health information technology to improve patient outcomes, announced today that its Opioid Safety Alliance will provide testimony at tomorrow's meeting of the Food & Drug Administration’s (FDA) Opioid Policy Steering Committee.
Formally launched last week, the Opioid Safety Alliance is a working group within HITN dedicated to advancing technology-enabled solutions to combat the scourge of opioid misuse. HITN Executive Director Joel White will speak at tomorrow’s meeting on behalf of the Alliance, in which he will advocate for a facilitator model to connect data across states’ prescription drug monitoring programs (PDMPs) and provide real-time data within clinicians’ workflows.
Opioid Safety Alliance members McKesson and the National Council of Prescription Drug Programs (NCPDP) are also set to provide testimony. A full agenda for the meeting is available here and a webcast of the meeting will be made available here.
- WHAT: Opioid Safety Alliance members to testify at meeting of FDA Opioid Policy Steering Committee: “Prescribing Intervention—Exploring a Strategy for Implementation.”
- Joel White, Health IT Now (9:30 – 9:38 AM)
- Stephen Mullenix, RPh, NCPDP (9:41 – 9:49 AM)
- Kelly Wygal, McKesson (9:52 – 10:00 AM)
- WHEN: Tuesday, January 30th, 2018,
- WHERE: FDA White Oak Campus, 10903 New Hampshire Avenue, Building 31Conference Center, the Great Room B-C, Silver Spring, MD 20993-0002
- MEDIA: Open press (additional information for reporters courtesy of FDA available here)
About Health IT Now:
Health IT Now (HITN) is a broad-based coalition of patient groups, provider organizations, employers, and payers that supports incentives to deploy health information technology to improve care, patient outcomes, and to lower costs. Learn more at www.healthitnow.org.
Recent Mentions of the Opioid Safety Alliance: