December 11th Conference Will Discuss the Future of Data-Driven Medicine
What: The Health IT Now Coalition and the Center for Data Innovation are convening a full-day summit that will delve into the rapidly expanding market of data-driven solutions that support genomic research and applications in health care. The goal of the summit is to identify the necessary reforms—both legislative and regulatory—to promote data-driven medicine in ways that meaningfully transform care delivery, improve health outcomes and decrease health spending.
Specifically the summit will cover the following themes:
- The promise of genomics and an outlook into the future of data-driven medicine;
- Challenges related to data sharing, interoperability and data analytics; and
- The legislative and regulatory barriers against further progress in the field.
- Full agenda is available here.
When: Thursday, December 11th 8:30AM – 4:00PM
Where: Reserve Officers Association, 1 Constitution Avenue NE, Washington, DC 20002
Who: Featured speakers include:
- Senator Michael Bennet (D-CO)
- Dr. Dave Dworaczyk, Director, Life & Health Sciences & Strategic Development, Oracle
- Dr. David Ledbetter, Executive VP, Chief Scientific Officer, Geisinger Health System
- Ketan Paranjape, General Manager, Life Sciences & Analytics, Intel Corporation
- Jon White, Deputy National Coordinator, ONC
About Health IT Now: Health IT Now (HITN) is a broad based coalition of patient groups, provider organizations, employers and payers that supports incentives to deploy health information technology to improve care, provider performance, patient outcomes, and to lower costs. Learn more at www.healthitnow.org.